History (Humberview Huskies)

PrintHistory

Humberview Hockey Club was formed in 1960 as the Humberview Inter Church House league to provide hockey recreation in the then growing area of northwest North York. Teams from six churches comprised the league until 1965 when it was decided to enter teams into the North York Hockey League (NYHL) as well as run a house league numbering in those years over 1200 players. Incorporated in 1965 as the Humberview Hockey Club it has operated since then meeting the needs of the local population at the house league, AA and A levels. Humberview joined the Metropolitan Toronto Hockey League (MTHL), now the Greater Toronto Hockey League (GTHL) in 1988. We operate from Minor Atom to Midget at "AA" and "A" and  a U21"AAA" team. In 2001/2002 Humberview merged its house league division with the EHL (Etobicoke Hockey League) in response to the shift in population and numbers of players in the local area. This ensures access for these players to a full Select and House League program. 

Today, with its base remaining in the North West area of Toronto, we accept players from within the Lake Ontario region as defined by the OHF to include, Oakville, Mississauga, Brampton, Vaughan, Markham, Pickering, Caledon (AAA Only) and Toronto.

View AllOur Sponsors
Quick Links
Manage Subscriptions
Signup to receive email or text messages for the teams you want to follow.
Printed from humberviewhuskies.com on Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 4:58 AM